Repair & Exchange
Your repair will be executed by highly qualified technicians with trained expertise.
Repair in a return material authorization process (RMA)
If your Bosch device is defective, we will help you to find a solution as soon as possible. We make short processing times possible using clear, standardized processes.
To achieve this, we need your cooperation, such as notification of a shipment using the return material authorization form (hereinafter referred to as “RMA”). Please always obtain this RMA before you return any product to us for repair or exchange.
A fully and correctly completed RMA speeds up processing enormously, and your downtimes are minimized.
To guarantee high quality repairs, our team works closely with other technical departments like R&D and Quality Management. In addition, we do not just repair your device; we process it completely. Therefore, before the device is prepared for shipping, it undergoes an obligatory quality and safety check. If necessary, further tests are administered to ensure that it is working properly.
Answers to frequently asked questions
The service desk will inform you about the service level applicable for a specific RMA once they receive your request. They will offer you the service level that ensures the shortet turnaround time and the most appropriate solution for your specific product.
Yes, you can always ask, if an advanced exchange is possible for your RMA and we will try to handle your RMA accordingly if possible and if there are swap products available. Please be aware that there some restrictions:
- Advanced exchange is not possible if you have cutomized your product, for example if you painted the housing in a different colour.
- Especially for products that are not in production anymore and products that are not on stock and "made to order" only the availability of swap items might limited.
- When a defective product is replaced in an RMA with service level advanced exchange, thes swap product will have a different serial number and MAC address and firmware version and therefore might require additional programming and configuration effort. Please always check the firmware version of the swap product.
- The warranty confirmation made when the RMA is created might be voided when the defective product is returned and the failure is found to be a customer induced damage.
- You will be invoiced a "non-return-fee" if the defective product is not returned within four weeks after delivery of the swap product.
Yes, you can always ask, if a carry-in service is possible for your RMA and we will try to handle your RMA accordingly if possible. We do recomment to request a carr-in repair if you want to get your specific product with the same serial number and the same MAC Addres back and if the product is customized (e.g. when it is painted in a different colour). Please be aware that there some restrictions:
- Carry-in is not possible if your product is damaged beyond economical repair, for example if it was struck by lightning.
- Especially for products that are not in production anymore it might not be possible to source all required spare parts for a repair.
You can find the the latest version of the RMA form on our webpage. (Please make sure that you have selected the correct country.) You can also contact our service desk.
To find out the warranty status of your product please check the date on the invoice and add the applicable warranty period for your specific product. You can find the warranty period in our warranty terms that is available on our webpage (Please make sure that you have selected the correct country.) When in doubt, you can also contact our service desk.
You can find all contact details of our servie desk and of our technical support on our webpage. (Please make sure that you have selected the correct country.)
When your product does not function as expected, please check the user manual. Always contact our technical support first before you dismount the product to send it to a service center for repair. Many malfunctions can be easily fixed for example by a HW or SW reset or a firmware update.
Customs must alwasys be paid the receiver of the shipment to ensure timely delivery and to avoid any delays. You can claim back the cost for customs from our service desk afterwards.
You are responsible to ensure that defective products are shipped back to our service center. Bosch will organize the transport and pay for it. We will provide you with a return label from the forwarding company in charge and you only need to contact them to confirm the pick up location, date and time. Return shipment of repaired products or replacement products are fully taken care of by Bosch.
We offer a 90 day product warranty on repaired products. This means we repair or exchange all products that have a defect in material or workmanship no matter if the defect is cuased by the same or a different part.