Bosch Video Analytics and Lens Calculator
This disclaimer contains important information in respect to the Bosch Video Analytics and Lens Calculator (hereinafter: the tool). Any use of this tool is subject to this disclaimer and by using the tool, the user agrees hereto.
The Bosch Video Analytics and Lens Calculator serves as a support tool only. It cannot substitute professional advice from technical experts. For further details, our sales team will be happy to assist.
Bosch does not warrant that the tool will fulfill any specific or general user requirement and disclaims any warranty for fitness for a specific purpose. To the extent permitted by law, Bosch will not accept any liability for any loss, damage or other consequences resulting from the use of the tool.
Configuration of the tool
In its standard configuration, the functionalities, FOV, DORI and Video Analytics are affected by a number of technical and environmental considerations, requirements and limitations. As a result, the performance of these functionalities can be significantly affected. To achieve viable results, it is necessary that the user is familiar with these limitations. Even then, due to the complexity of the various factors to be considered, actual results may differ.
Examples of factors that can decrease Video Analytics detection distance are, but are not limited to:
- The view is blocked: Either fully or partially with branches, fences (even see-through fences) or other things.
- Snowstorm or other weather conditions that limit visibility.
- Thermal camera: Temperature contrast between person and background is too low.
- Optical cameras: Contrast of person and background is too low. (This can happen in low-light scenes).
- Concerning Intelligent Video Analytics; the full Video Analytics detection is only reached if the ground is level and the camera calibrated, 3D tracking / 3D people tracking active and noise suppression off / medium. Otherwise, only approximately half the distance will be covered.
User configurations can significantly affect any function and can alter the scope or extent of the technical or environmental considerations or limitations mentioned above. Therefore, any user configuration will be done at the user’s sole risk, and Bosch will not be liable for any consequences resulting therefrom.